Uber has revolutionized the way we travel and now they are doing the same with food delivery.
UberEATS a new on-demand food delivery app powered by Uber, and went live on Thursday 29 September, in Johannesburg. It will allow users to order food from a selection of restaurants that are up to 3.5km away. They hope to take 35 minutes from start to finish to deliver meals using their existing UberX vehicles.
The UberEATS app can be downloaded from the app store or through the Uber rides app, and meals can be requested for delivery in Northern Johannesburg from 7am to 10pm, seven days a week with a R20 delivery fee. They expect to extend the service to Midrand and Pretoria by the end of the year and Cape Town next year.
UberEats launched in Toronto‚ Canada‚ in December last year and has since branched into four continents and more than 22 cities.
There’s no minimum order size, but every order includes a delivery fee of R20 (the same as the minimum fare for an UberX).
1. Download the app or go to ubereats.com to find what you’re craving.
2. Sign in – you can use your existing Uber account for UberEATS – or create a new one.
3. Tell them where to deliver – add your home, work, or any other address you’d like.
4. Browse local restaurants – search for your favourite local restaurant or try something new.
5. Check out with a tap – simply pay with your card on file. And remember, the delivery fee is R20.
6. Track your order – watch as your order gets picked up and delivered right to your door.
Discounts for new users:
On your first time trying the UberEATS App, enter this promo code at checkout TryEatsZA to enjoy up to R100 off your first order. Available for new UberEATS users only.